Tap to Read ➤

Incredible Facts About Planet Earth

Most people tend to overlook some of the most amazing facts about our planet Earth. But, you are a concerned, responsible citizen! So, why don't you play this quiz containing a few questions waiting for you.
Prabhanjan Borkar
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
The planets Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars are called terrestrial because they have a compact, rocky surface like Earth's terra firma.
Explanation
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Earth's atmosphere is composed of about 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, 0.9 percent argon, and 0.1 percent other gases.
Explanation
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
About 90% of the world's earthquakes and about 81% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire.
Explanation
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Also known as the Vredefort Dome, the Vredefort crater has an estimated radius of 118 miles (190 kilometers), making it the world's largest known impact structure.
Did You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
As passengers on Earth we are all carried around the sun at a mean velocity of 67,000 mph (107826.05 kmph).
Do You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
The diameter of a circle is twice the radius, giving us a diameter for Earth of 12,756 km.
Explanation
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Earth is the third planet from the Sun, and the only astronomical object known to harbor life having formed over 4.5 billion years ago!
Explanation
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
The earth rotates once every 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09053 seconds, called the sidereal period, and its circumference is roughly 40,075 kms.
Explanation
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
The temperature of each of the layers: Crust - 200 °C (392 °F) to 400 °C (752 °F), Mantle -1000° C (1832° F) to 3700° C (6692° F) C Core - 4,400° C (7,952° F) to 6,000° C (10,800° F).
Did You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Water covers more than 70% of the total surface area of the Earth.
Do You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Osmium has a blue-gray tint and is the densest stable element; it is approximately twice as dense as lead.
Did You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
In this desert, temperatures during the day reach up to 40º C (104º F), and in the night can fall to 5º C (41º F).
Did You Know?
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
The crust is made up of mostly oxygen, silicon, aluminum, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium and magnesium.
Explanation
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
There is only 3% fresh water on earth’s surface; the rest 97% is in the ocean. 69% in glaciers, 30% underground, and less than 1% is in lakes, rivers, and swamps - out of the freshwater.
Explanation
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0
Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, and Superior — the Great Lakes, account to the world’s biggest supply of freshwater.
Explanation
Done with the quiz! Let's see the scores...